This week, we shared the news that our park’s iconic, awe-inspiring centerpiece—Cinderella Castle—is about to get even more magical!
Our new Disney Parks Blog author, Jason Kirk, shared a concept image of what the newly-enhanced Cinderella Castle will look like when work is completed (above).
You may notice this exciting work taking place as these stunning enhancements begin in the coming weeks, continuing through summer. But don’t worry! You’ll still get to catch all of our castle favorites like “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” and “Happily Ever After.”
Visit Jason’s original Cinderella Castle story for more details.
Also this week, we continued our popular Foodie Guide series with the debut of the official Foodie Guide to the 2020 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival!
As many of you know, the Festival features the best of the west coast with unforgettable cuisine, beverages, and special events. You can take part in culinary demonstrations, get the kids involved with our Jr. Chef cooking event, enjoy wine, beer, and mixology education as well as tasting seminars and much more throughout the duration of the event.
The Festival runs from February 28 through April 21! Check out the complete Foodie Guide (and it’s a good one!) in our original Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival story.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- #DisneyCastLife: First Impressions of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway –
- All aboard! Our #DisneyCastLife series continues as the opening team cast members take their first journey aboard Runnamuck Railroad. Experiencing a brand-new attraction that takes you off the rails and into the world of Mickey and Minnie where mouse rules apply? Not bad for a day of work! By riding the attraction, our cast members help put the finishing touches into place, culminating years of partnership between Walt Disney Imagineering and the team that operates the attraction.
- Live Your Disney Adventure: Fun for Everyone at Disneyland Resort – When was the last time you planned an escape from a Star Destroyer? Has it been a while since you played midway-style games with your favorite sheriff and space ranger? Have you been dreaming of a road trip down Route 66? You may be ready for a visit to the Disneyland Resort!
- First Look: Ian & Barley from Disney and Pixar’s ‘Onward’ Coming to Disney California Adventure Park and Hong Kong Disneyland – In Disney and Pixar’s original adventure, “Onward,” teenage elf brothers Ian and Barley Lightfoot embark on an extraordinary quest after being given the chance to spend one more day with their late father. And soon, they’ll be making another epic journey…to meet you!
- 2020 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival: The Merchandise Menu – The tastiest time of the year is just around the corner as the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returns to the Disneyland Resort on Feb. 28! In addition to the amazing sips, savories and signature events coming next week, there is an exclusive menu of merchandise items arriving that every Disney foodie must check out!
- Disney on Broadway Concert Series Welcomes Even More Broadway Favorites at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts – The fourth Epcot International Festival of the Arts at Walt Disney World Resort is the best way to celebrate art in its many forms, with galleries, food studios, live performances and more! As the festival continues until Feb. 24, two more sets of standout Broadway stars are getting ready to make their america Gardens Theater debuts for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
- Behind the Scenes: Dressing the Part for ‘Magic Happens’ Parade, Debuting Feb. 28 at Disneyland Park – 90-plus performers in vibrant costumes will soon bring the “Magic Happens” parade to life when it debuts in Disneyland park on Feb. 28. This all-new daytime spectacular celebrates moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories.